Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brain Vacation

I didn't go anywhere, but my brain did.

I just haven't been in the mood to make things, and when that happens, you just gotta go with it. Forcing yourself to "be creative" or whatever you call it, makes you hate making things. And thats no fun. It always passes.

Then I finally managed to make these dudes...
Pile O'Batcat Bookmarks!
Batcat bookmarks! (Yes, more Batcat Bookmarks...)

I wish you could buy your own stuff and somehow make a living that way. I love this little design, and would pay money for it. Too bad I have to ask other people to pay money for it...

Bookmark with Tail
His tail is a soft and nubbly acrylic yarn, which was hard to photograph. I love it to bits. maybe I should learn to knit so I can buy yarn more often.

So aside from organizing supplies, making zucchini muffins and cursing my dashboard widget for showing me only cold temperatures, I have been completely useless the past week or so. Is there any way I can write those off as "personal days" or something. Normal people get them, I should too.

Wait, does looking at Flickr count as shop promotion? Scratch this entry, I am a workaholic.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:10 PM

    that WOULD be so great if we could all buy our own stuff and make a living doing so :) too funny and too true!

    love the new bookmarks. it's always nice to see an "army" of creations... i'm sure you deserved a much needed break from creating.

    i feel the same way at times. it's especially tough when you work from home... you have to force yourself to stop working sometimes. that or force yourself to stop procrastinating and watching too much tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool bookmark! Yeah, I wish I could buy my own stuff and make a living. That would be so awesome. Right now I don't even sell the art and crafts that I make so I'm kind of stuck. I checked the post office to see how much it would cost to mail a pin cushion to someone and they said "about $10". That's insanity!!! Who would pay $10 to get a $15 pincushion!? Anyhoo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:48 PM

    I'm bummed you left LJ, but the BatCat bookmarks are neat.

    Nice new digs. :o)

    -Axey

    ReplyDelete