Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday.

Want to see a masterpiece of unrivaled beauty, inventive design and incredible insight?

Monday

Yeah. Welcome to my Monday.

Working at home has a million benefits, one of the biggest is that I am able to waste time doing garbage like this. BUT the downside is that you live at your work, and its tough to get creative and productive when there is an ocean of peanut butter cup wrappers and dirty socks on everything. They mock me.

So every Monday I wake up with all this drive to finish projects and rule the world through drawing cats on things. Then when I stumble out into the dump that is my apartment, I get all disheartened and just end up drinking a pot of coffee and thinking how to approach the whole mess.

So its noon and I have yet to DO anything but think about doing something. Damn.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Try attacking it one room at a time or one area at a time. That helps me keep control of the mess. Try living with 4 other guys. I don't even cross the threshold or touch the door of the downstairs bathroom. I'm fighting was sometimes feels like a losing battle to keep our house clean. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I adore this comic. No, wait... I adore your entire blog!

    I live in a one room apartment with my husband. That means all the studio+bedroom+kitchen junk is crammed in one place and there's no escape from it... What you just wrote here sounds VERY familiar. Ugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with ya! and not just mondays either. I've got two kids in my pit and since I had my daughter I have no workroom at all and am currently in my 'Naughty corner' in the living room

    Glad I'm not the only one living in this bizarre fashion that only a nutjob or a very desperate artist would enter into of their own free will!!

    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comic! Reminding me of my disaster areas, though I did do a little something about it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great cartoon!

    i totally hear ya on this too! ah, the messes we make when we live and work in the same place. i get overwhelmed with what to do first on these days too, though it seems like almost everyday. never thought i'd want a maid, but sometimes i wish we had one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, poor girl! Monday are like that. Don't worry, I'm sure it will turn out fine in the end. Just do a little at a time and, before you know it, everything will be done. If Monday doesn't work out, there's always Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's me and my house in that there cartoon!!

    In fact, that was my day today :-)

    Thanks for making me smile, nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way, usually around midterms/finals. Totally love the comic!

    ReplyDelete