Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anita Blake!

The Anita Blake painting I have been posting progress shots of is finished...

Anita

I am not gonna lie, there is some digital cut and paste going on here. Her shrunken body was enlarged. I know a lady isn't supposed to share secrets like that, but it was pretty bad, so I must confess.

I actually like it quite a bit. You have no idea how scary splattering blood on it was though! Its could have ruined it so easily. That monster behind her isn't supposed to be anything in particular. There are a billion supernatural things in the books I could have done, but that would have taken research, and I am lazy. I wussed out at adding arm scars (the character has a lot of them in the books) but only hardcore geeks would know that right?

anita bookmark

I made bookmarks with it! It seemed like the logical. They have a blood red back to them. So appropriate. I am probably going to have it as a print in my Etsy shop too. But later.

Most selfish painting ever. haha.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Awesome!! That turned out so good. I want nine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this painting turned out. It makes an awesome bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Ah! Fun! I appreciate this Anita more than the comic version of Anita. I just wish Book Anita didn't annoy me as much as she does now. :) I'll save my LKH book rage though. No one needs to read about that. :)

    Awesome painting though! I'd like to think that the critter is Jason just funning with her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @thedirtyground
    Whatever rage you have about LKH, I bet I would agree... :-) heh heh. I am so glad there are people who read the series checking this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:07 PM

    I love the Anita Blake books and this is a very cool interpratation of her! I almost like it more than her comic version...

    ReplyDelete