Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good intentions don't always make for good outcomes.

Sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to.



Every project I started for the last little while has turned to crap at some point. I spent a lot of time trying to make myself like them by repainting, tweaking, cutting up and gluing back together...But at this point, I think its best to just let them go in peace.

So all my papier mache stuff is junked, my paintings trashed, and my experiments won't see the light of day. Oh well.

Its kind of a weird, messy time right now for a lot of people I know and interact with. And yeah that includes me. Being an person with an extremely low-drama life I find even a bit of conflict strange and tiring. I am just so used to nothing happening! Sorry if this seems like typical cryptic internet crap, but I do have a life outside of making bats in hats. ;-P

So today I am starting new projects. I am going to try to be more selfish and make things I don't want to sell. :-)

4 comments:

  1. aw! sorry to hear that your projects haven't been going well lately :(
    i've missed reading your blog entries and kept checking back to see what you've been working on...
    uh, stalker?

    nah, just curious.

    hope things are better for you today. hopefully this spring-like weather will last until the official start of spring and bring with it lots of good energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing what you mean by making things you don't want to sell, is that you like them so much you want to keep them? I think that's the best plan for artwork and craft projects, because I know the last few items I made were custom pieces that I wanted to keep(but couldn't because I had a deposit), and they were thouroughly loved by the new owners. I've therefore decided to adapt the same attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) thanks everyone!

    KitCameo: Even though I didn't explain it very well in my post, you are completely right! Make things that make me sad to sell them. Its a weird concept written out, but it works in real life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you. I feel that way sometimes too. I hope things get better soon and that you'll be able to make something that you can really be proud of and love.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete