Friday, May 1, 2009

Working on something new...

Spiders like flowers.
Spiders and Flowers Progress

Can you tell what it will be?

I had this illustration board hanging around that is not the usual surface that I like to paint on. Its slick, and even has a bit of a shine. It seemed perfect for ink.

The surprising thing is that I actually did a pretty organized and complete sketch. I often just go "EH, I will figure it out as I go" and that is sometimes a horrible idea. I then decided to use an ink pen instead of the acrylic ink and brush I have been favoring lately.

Printed version of Spiders and Flowers

This is actually a test print of the drawing, after it was scanned and Photoshopped. I was going to add digital colour, but once it got to the completed ink stage, I just liked it as is. Its not a secret that I always like line art better then the coloured versions. I bet I had a lot of blank colouring books as a kid.

I am not even going to pretend that this is going to be finished before monday. Its the weekend! No one wants paper goods with Cheetos fingerprints on them. :-)

4 comments:

  1. this looks awesome! i love your line work... looks great in black and white. but i'm sure it would look just as good in colour.

    is it a calendar page of some sort?

    thanks for the compliment on my new prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmm...i think you will like my blog! check it out at:

    octoberfarm.blogspot.com

    enjoy!

    lots more to come!

    ReplyDelete