Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FOX!

This may be one of the cutest things I have ever made. I just think it came out really well.
fox march2010 1

Lil Fox!

Photographing him was difficult, I couldn't get really get the angles I wanted. On inspection I should have faced my photo studio differently so the light was on the opposite side... He turns to the side a bit, with one arm a bit higher than the other. It gives him a natural "good side."

fox march2010 3

He is stereotypically cute, with his little beady black glass eyes. He is remarkably not quirky, he looks like a real little stuffed animal. I think making the legs grey wool was a good idea. I mean, I think the cutest part of a fox are his black legs! The backs of his ears are also grey.

He is for sale at blackforestcake.etsy.com

I am going to give my hands a rest after sewing for a few days. They always get pretty beat up from wool, which my skin finds irritating. I think once they heal up a bit, I will use this fox pattern for other animals. Maybe after Easter.

Off to eat a cadbury creme egg now. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! Very nice! Wish I had your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete